Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Andy White

I have always loved this song, since Johnny first played it for me in his kibbutz room on Kfar Blum. Rave on Andy White, has been one of my favorite albums since it came out in 1986. I had no idea a video to Religious Persuasion existed, and I am glad to have found it. The "troubles" in Ireland so much resemble the mess we have here. Maybe we will be able to make as much progress as they have (here's hoping). At one point, when his CD was hard to find, I emailed Andy White and he emailed me back. He sent me a CD of Rave on..., signed. Nice chap.

Unfortunately, as is happening more and more frequently on YouTube "Embedding disabled by request", so you will have to click over here to see it. Sorry. I looked for a copy elsewhere on the internetz, but cannot find one.

3 comments:

mart said...

Great Song. Thanks.
Topmost comment on youtube was funny:

andinoble (3 weeks ago)
Such a powerful song. I went to university with a Jewish guy from Belfast in the early 1990´s. He was asked once which religion he was - he said "I´m Jewish" his aggressors then asked "Protestant or Catholic Jewish?" ... madness

Anonymous said...

Andinoble - that is one of the tiredest urban myths in existance (I've actually heard third rate, end of the pier comedians tell it as a joke.) He was either pulling your leg or simply desperate for attention.

Andy White rules though.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I've been looking for this cd, actually. I had a copy of "Rave On Andy White" on vinyl but I can't seem to find a cd replacement for it. Do you know where I can find it, or would you be willing to make me a copy? I would be more than willing to do the same for you. Here's my blog, you can post a message for me on there: http://mishkaness.wordpress.com/