Monday, November 23, 2009

Frank - My Way

Apparently Uncle Gus used to ask cousinAvril to read this "blog-thing" to him from time to time. So here is one for him. I looked all over for a decent clip of Mr. Sinatra doing "My Way" and this one was the best I could find - you would think there would be more. This was also my Uncle Solly's favorite song. So in tribute to all those who are not with us any longer, sit back and enjoy a classic.

I cannot resist adding some wikipediafacts. The English version was written by Paul Anka based on a 1967 French pop song (Comme d'habitude) performed by Claude Francis, music by Jacques Revaux and lyrics by Giles Thibault. He got the publishing rights at no cost. He changed the words specifically for Sinatra and even though Paul Anka was a singer in his own right, he claims "It was for Frank, no one else." My Way has been found to be the song most frequently played at British Funerals. It is also one of the most frequently recorded covers.

1 comment:

greta sistererio said...

Vaklempt!!!