Sunday, November 1, 2009

Granny Leila

Granny Leila passed away today. She was a lady. The picture above was taken many years back, and its clear where my wife gets her good looks. The little boy on her right is Jo's dad. She was 92 this year, and has been in decline for a little while. It is sad, but I am sure she is proud of how her family looked after her. No matter how much I persecute my wife's family, they really are good people. Few families are as committed to looking out for one another as they are. So to all the real goldsmiths, Alex, Nat, Jo, Ari and Dana and Uncle Michael and his clan, what can I say except "long life" from the in-laws (I have no idea why we South Africans say this, but that's for another blog). She will be missed.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks Pete, white goat

greta sistererio said...

To all the Goldsmith family- sorry for the loss of a great woman.