Thursday, November 12, 2009

Insight

I have been using the word "insight" way too much lately. Like in how INAA gives "insight" into the grain left on a Paleolithic basalt grinding stone, or how the trade in Roman amphorae give "insight" into life at the Egyptian Red Sea port of Berenike. But now "insight" has taken on a whole new meaning.

Today I sadly said goodbye to my Prius. Its been a good car - the best I have ever had. I received in its place a shiny new (black) Honda "Insight". It's a nice car. Quite a bit smaller, with much less leg room in the back, so fitting the blackfamilyo and bno all at once will be tough. It is noisier, but I drove without the radio (and, I finally have an mp3 player, with an aux input). There are a lot of buttons and dials, and it looks very sporty. It's also a hybrid, and its speedometer changes color from blue through turquoise to green as you use less gas (this could get old soon). Its mirrors flap in, which is a nice touch. All in all it seems like a good car, and it costs less on the paycheck.

No comments: