Monday, November 16, 2009

The Mountain Goats II

I can't sleep anymore. It seems I am turning into my dad. This morning a little after 5am I was on my way to work enjoying the mp3 player in the new car, when this song came on. It is one of blackdaughtero's favorites. I have featured the Mountain Goats on Music Tuesday before, but this song is special. I looked on the YouTubes and found the video below. No matter how cynical I am, I am easily won over by an audience singing along to a song. It always impresses me that people care enough to learn the words. This is especially true since coming to live here where butchering words of songs is a sort of national pastime (Someday I will blog the whole "Stang a lie" version of "Staying Alive" we used to be subjected to in the disco days).

Anyway "No Children" has some vicious words. No one really knows what or who John Darnielle is alluding to, but there is no denying the passion. So sing along.

3 comments:

Jozie said...

very cool. But seriously Petero, you need to stop going to sleep at 9 pm. It's no wonder you can't sleep. And come to think of it, your dear dad (zochrono levracha) also went to sleep at 9 pm every night. So what do you expect?

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

John H. said...

Hi BPO and family...as to the not sleeping, agree with Jozie and have you tried some spirited exercise?...many times better than a couple of drinks..best to all and so sorry about Uncle Gus..he, like your father, was a gem....John H., Houston TX